The cost of your audio description project will depend on several factors, including the following:
- The length of your program. – Beyond certain minimums, the cost is directly proportional to the video run-time.
- What you would like back from us as deliverables. – We can provide you with a timed script, a description only track, a mixed track, or finished video with the description track – whether that’s a broadcast ready tape master, a fully authored DVD or Blu-ray disc, or a digital file. Just let us know what you need!
- Your preferred turnaround. – When we commit to a delivery date, it is not just a promise to do our best. It is an absolute guarantee that your project will be completed when you need it.
- The overall size of your project. – Our audio description rates are highly competitive, whether you need description for a single 7-minute training video or an upcoming series going to PBS. If the size of your project is significant or you have an ongoing and regular need for audio description services, you may qualify for additional discounts.
- The nature of your programming. – Because standard audio description is placed in the natural pauses between the dialogue, there are certain types of programming where the opportunity for description is severely limited. While it can be more challenging to craft short descriptions for limited pauses, if your program has few opportunities for meaningful descriptions, your price will reflect that fact.
We do our best to keep the cost of high-quality audio description services affordable for organizations of all sizes and types. Our friendly and knowledgeable sales associates will be happy to discuss your project with you and recommend the most cost effective solutions for your particular needs. Contact Us now for a fast, free quote on your audio description project.
Learn more about our Audio Description Services.
Non-profit Grants Program
If your non-profit organization has been granted 501(c)(3) status, you may be eligible for a grant that will enable your organization to receive our services at reduced or no cost. Learn more about the 2017 Video Caption Corporation Non-Profit Grants Program.